My Passions

Passions are great tools for achieving goals. When a person is passionate about a cause or activity, they have the motivation to accomplish what they set out to do. Although passions can change throughout one’s lifetime, it’s how you act on your passion that defines you.  Passions change all through life because as an individual grows and matures, they discover who they are as a person, and develop passions that reflect their identity.

My passions have evolved over the years. My passions in high school were completely different from my current passions. In high school, especially as a freshman, I didn’t have sophisticated passions for my future. I was interested in playing softball for my school’s team and enjoyed sports in general. If someone would have asked me what my passions were, I probably would have said playing softball and watching baseball.  However, after my high school graduation, my passion for sports wasn’t as strong as it was previously. I feel like this change occurred due to my priorities changing following graduation. I was focused on going to college and studying dietetics and I didn’t have time to play sports for fun or watch them often on TV. However, during this time, my passion for dietetics grew. I had an increase motivation to do well in school so I can start a career in a field that I am passionate about. Passion is essential for accomplishing tasks in life; it also is the characteristic that sets you apart from other individuals.